Keep Your Counseling Practice HIPAA Compliant with TherapyAppointment EMR Software
Our system is fully compliant with HIPAA and HITECH standards for encrypted transmission and storage of PHI. Data is backed up in multiple locations for full compliance with HIPAA disaster recovery mandates. Data security is maintained through a complex system of monitoring, and the system is subjected to periodic integrity testing.
Stay Compliant With The Law
HIPAA compliance requires both an understanding of the law and continued diligence in order to maintain standards. Providers must be vigilant at all times about maintaining secure personal health information (PHI) and maintaining privacy, security, and backup. As a secure and sophisticated therapy EMR system, TherapyAppointment helps support mental health professionals to uphold HIPAA compliance within their practice.
- Safely store digital records for the legally required period of time without consuming office space for filing cabinets.
- All communications with your clients through TherapyAppointment are HIPAA compliant through the use of our encrypted messaging system.
- Clients must log in to their secure accounts to view invoices and communicate with you.
- Reminder messages for appointments (text, email, and phone) are HIPAA compliant, ensuring discretion for both you and your client.
Security Within Your Therapy Practice Office
- We will provide you with a signed Business Associate Agreement which confirms our commitment to maintain HIPPA and HITECH standards.
- Clinic owners or group practice managers will be able to control the access other employees have to sets of client information. This permits “minimum necessary access,” a HIPAA mandate.
- TherapyAppointment’s new features will increase accountability and transparency with comprehensive audit trails. They will allow you, as a clinic manager, to detect unauthorized access or misuse of records. This is essential in the event of disputes or other incidents.
- Our EMR software will provide tools for HIPAA-compliant record sharing. It will streamline collaboration with other providers within your practice.
Secure Integration With Third Party Affiliates
We ensure that our partners take a shared responsibility approach to securing your data. TherapyAppointment will not partner with any organization that cannot provide the same level of protection for your information that that we hold ourselves accountable to provide.
- To protect your data, we’ve built a strong foundation based on industry-validated tools, processes, and practices. We believe this protection should extend beyond the boundaries of our control, e.g., when we must share data with third parties.
- Our current affiliates for our customers, Office Ally (claims processing), PokitDok (claims processing) and Cayan (credit card processing) monitor and maintain the high standards of their respective industries to ensure the best possible protection for their customers.
- In addition, we have very clear agreements with each affiliate about minimum necessary access, storage, and exchanging of the information needed to provide the best customer service while ensuring confidentiality.